The Electrical/Instrument Technician will be responsible to the Maintenance Supervisor for the safe, efficient & cost effective operation the site in Kurdistan region of Iraq
They will perform preventive and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on electrical and instrumentation systems.
Job Specific Duties:
- Site focal point for all Electrical safety issues.
- Perform isolations/de-isolations as required and perform preventative and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on safety and control systems and equipment.
- Perform isolations/de-isolations as required and perform preventative and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on safety and Electrical equipment. (400v Max)
- Maximising the Instrument, Control, and Safety Systems to safely and efficiently contribute to delivering optimum site production.
- Ensuring safe and efficient operation of allocated Electrical equipment, systems, and installation areas.
- To carry out all Fire & Gas support and associated activities.
- Implementing planned maintenance programme directly reporting to Maintenance supervisor
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults to maximise equipment availability, identify spares requirement and initiate ordering of same. Monitoring and controlling works by vendors/contractors within his/her remit.
- Raising work orders and work permits and preparing work-packs, as appropriate to progress work, also for vendors and contractors
- Training and mentoring of local trainees. Ensuring trainee’s progress to full competency within their allocated discipline
- Applicates must be self-motivated and proactive plus be able to demonstrate their ability to work within a small operations team structure.
- Candidates must have previous experience in an E&I dual role with exposure to all aspects of maintenance in oil and gas processes.
- The successful candidate must hold OND / ONC/ HNC/HND or equivalent
- Candidates must be proficient in English language both verbal and written. Be computer literate and have experience of Maintenance and Material Management systems.
- Industrial training assessor qualification preferred
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org